Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 24 people
104 calories per bar
Calories calculated by MyFitness Pal
Recipe adapted from SkinnyTaste.com. Calories reduced from 143 calories at SkinnyTaste and 340 calories at Starbucks!!
White Chocolate Cranberry Bars
- 2 cups white flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 oz butter spray
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinammon
- 2 large egg whites
- 50% less sugar dried cranberries, divided (2/3 and 1/4) and chopped
- 10 oz vanilla chips or white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix eggs, sugar, spray butter, and applesauce until well combined.
- Add seasonings and flour, mix until combined.
- Stir in 8 oz of the white chocolate and 2/3 c. cranberries.
- Place in pan and bake for 10-14 minutes or until set. Do not over bake or they will dry out and toughen.
- Allow to cool.
- Melt remaining white chocolate and spread over top of the bars and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the chopped cranberries.
- Cut into 24 2″ pieces.