- Ready in 40 minutes (instant pot/stove top)
Serves 9 people
247calories calculated by MyFitnessPal
Recipe adapted from SkinnyTaste.Com
(family of five -all approved, that’s a win)
Turkey Pumpkin White Bean Chili
- 2 lb. 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2- 15 oz cans navy beans, drained rinsed
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 4.5 oz can chopped green chile
- 2 c. low sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro, onion, ff greek yogurt for topping
- Brown and rinse ground turkey. Add onions and garlic.
- Add seasonings, stir and add beans, pumpkin, chilis, broth, and bay leaves.
- Cook on the stove top for 30 minutes at a low simmer; instant pot for 25 minutes on high pressure; crock pot for 4 hours on low.
Trust me on this one friends! This chili has all the flavor of a traditional chili with a creamy and smooth texture. This is one the family will love! Plus the additional health benefits of pumpkin…vitamins that boost immunity, nutrient dense, low calorie count to aide in weight loss, and rich in vitamin A.