Ready in 40-60 minutes
Serves 8 people
261 calories per serving (original recipe came in at 341 calories per serving)
Calories calculated by MyFitness Pal
Recipe adapted from SkinnyTaste.com
Taco Chili Mac
- 1 lb Ground Turkey, browned
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 10 oz can Rotel tomotoes with green chilies
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 can fat free refried beans, drained
- 15 oz can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 3/4 c. water
- 8 oz pasta shells
- 1 tsp. dried cilantro
- 2 tbsp. chopped scallions
- 3/4 fat free shredded cheese
- Taco Seasoning:
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin, chili powder, paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Brown turkey, add onions, garlic, and green peppers.
- Add taco seasonings.
- Add black beans, tomatoes, refried beans, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and water; bring to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Bring to a boil and add pasta; cook until tender.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to set for five minutes to thicken.
- Top with cheese, scallions, and cilantro. Cover with lid to allow cheese to melt.
You may adjust the spices for more or less heat. Pair with a side salad. This one is packed with lots of fiber and protein from the beans and meat to make a filling and satisfying meal.