Ready in 60 minutes
Serves 24 people
120 calories serving
Calories calculated by MyFitness Pal
Recipe adapted from Moreorlesscooking.com
- One package of Puff Pastry sheets, divided into twelve portions
- 2 lbs strawberries
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 sugar, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz fat free cream cheese
- 3 tbsp fat free cool whip
- Prepare puff pastry according to package directions, set aside to cool. After cooled, slice open the pastry to create a top and bottom and then cut in half.
- Remove strawberry stems of one pound of strawberries and place in a pot with the juice of the lemon and 1/4 c. of the sugar. Place over medium to high heat and mash berries. Bring to a boil and stir for five minutes or until thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup of sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add cool whip.
- Slice remaining strawberries.
- Take bottom portion of pastry, add cream filling, strawberry slices, and strawberry filling and top with other half of the pastry.
Try any berries or fruit you prefer!