Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 5 people
347 calories per serving
Calories calculated by MyFitness Pal
Recipe adapted from SkinnyTaste.com
One Pot Skinny Spaghetti
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 oz. diced red onion
- 1 tsp dried basil, or fresh if preferred
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 8 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
- 16 oz lean ground turkey breast
- 3.5 cups (28 oz can) diced tomatoes, or crushed
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a dutch oven or other deep pot, brown the ground turkey with garlic and onions.
- Add seasonings and tomatoes.
- Break noodles in half, add water and bring to a boil.
- Boil for eight minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Boil uncovered for sauce to thicken.
After cooking, you can add a small can of tomato sauce for extra sauce.