Ready in 40 minutes
Serves 6 to 12 people
137 calories per slider or 274 per serving (2 sliders)
Calories calculated by MyFitness Pal
Recipe adapted from Favorite Family Recipes
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef, or other lean ground beef
- 2 oz onion soup mix
- 1 tbsp. PB2 or other powdered peanut butter (prepared)…yes peanut butter in a slider!!
- 12 mini slider buns
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 6 slices sargento ultra thin cheese
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- Combine ground beef, milk, seasonings, and peanut butter until combined.
- Spread mixture on a cookie sheet slightly larger than the dimensions of the sliders, as the meat will shrink while cooking.
- Bake at 350 for ten minutes.
- Add onions to the side of the pan and cook an additional eight to ten minutes.
- Add cheese slices and bake another three to five minutes or until cheese has melted and meat is cooked through.
- Top with onions, pickles, and bun tops and cut to size. Place on bun bottoms and serve.
This is also a great appetizer! Serve with a side salad and tater tot crowns for a full meal. If you cannot locate the Kroger mini sliders, you can use regular slider buns, but add 20 calories per slider. You can also try other toppings such as lettuce, tomato, or even sauted mushrooms!