Ready in 60 minutes
Serves 6 people
439 calories (Korean Beef) 57 calories (Egg Drop Soup)
496 Calories for the meal!!
Calories calculated by MyFitness Pal
Recipes adapted from Frugal Family Times and Carlsbad Cravings
Family Rating: 5 Stars
- Instant Pot Instructions:
- 2 lb. chuck roast, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger, or 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 1 c frozen broccoli
- 1/2 c soy sauce, low sodium preferred
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, optional (not included in the calorie total)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 c water
- 3 cups, Instant Rice
- Egg Drop Soup: Stove top Instructions
- 4 c fat free, low sodium chicken broth
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 green onion, optional
- Korean Beef: trim fat and cut meat into bite sized chunks and saute in instant pot until browned.
- Add brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and 1/2 c. water to meat and place on stew setting for 15 minutes.
- Force release of pressure.
- Combine corn starch and two tablespoons of water, add to meat mixture. Add vegetables and 1/4 cup of additional water to prevent burning.
- Replace lid and cook on steam setting for two minutes. Careful to watch for burning alert on instant pot.
- Force pressure release.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Egg Drop Soup: Whisk broth, seasonings, and corn starch together. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- Whisk three eggs. Create whirlpool motion in the broth and slowly drizzle egg into the broth, creating ribbons.
- Top with green onions and serve.
- Add additional red pepper flakes, if desired.
Don’t let this one intimiate you! This meal was prepared and served in one hour or less!