Ready in 45 minutes
Serves 24 muffins
91 calories per muffin (original recipe at 204 calories per muffin)
Calories calculated by MyFitness Pal
Recipe adapted from Southern Living
Kellie’s Carrot Cake Muffins
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. crushed pineapple with juice
- 1/4 c. applesauce
- 2 lg. eggs
- 2 lg. egg whites
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 2 c. shredded carrots
- Optional: pecans and raisins (not included in calorie count)
- Preheat oven to 350⁰
- Combine first six ingredients until well combined.
- Whisk together next five ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Fold in carrots. Add nuts and raisins, if desired.
- Prepare 24 cupcake wrappers by lightly spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide mixture among the liners. I used an icecream scoop that measured each perfectly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack.
Add raisins and pecans in desired. Enjoy these warm with some spray butter or as a quick snack on the go! These are a great fit for the 100 calorie snack. Thank you for the suggestion Kellie Bowles!! I hope you enjoy them ❤