Ready in 40 minutes
Serves 6 people
348 calories per packet
Calories calculated by MyFitness Pal
Recipe adapted from Gimmie Delicious
- 6 chicken breasts (4 lbs total)
- One pack of boil in a bag rice
- Frozen broccoli florets
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Spray oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Prepare six sheets of foil, large enough to hold the rice, chicken, and broccoli.
- Place rice in a dish and cover with hot water and set aside.
- Place one chicken breast on each foil with up to 1/2 cup of frozen broccoli.
- Add one to one and a half tablespoons of rice to each foil.
- Season each packet with 1/2 tsp of chili powder and italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp of garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray with oil.
- Tighly seal the foils and bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
This is dish prep and clean up a breeze! A bonus of this receipe is the health benefits of the broccoli “superfood!” Broccoli is laden with fiber, antioxidants which are touted to fight cancer, may help fight inflammation, helps combat constipation, and is full of vitamin C.
You can also try different seasonings and veggies: taco seasoning with black beans and corn; lemon pepper and asparagus; cajun and potatoes. Get creative!