Ready in 30 minutes
Serving: 1/6 of recipe
Calories: 182 cal
Recipe adapted from SkinnyTaste
Buffalo Chickpea Salad
- 15– oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/3 cup diced carrots, divided (about 1 large carrot)
- 1/3 cup diced celery, divided (about 1 large stalk)
- 3 Tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Original
- 1 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 Tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- Romaine or Bibb leaves for serving
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add oil.
- Once it begins to simmer, add chickpeas, spreading into single layer, and let cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and salt, and cook for a minute more.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a large bowl and add 1/4 cup carrots and 1/4 cup celery.
- Fold in the Frank’s, yogurt, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, and tahini; stir gently until combined.
- In a separate bowl, toss the remaining diced celery and carrots with the remaining 1/2 tsp lemon juice and set aside.
- To serve the chickpeas, top them with blue cheese (if using), the reserved celery and carrots, and a big handful of celery leaves.
- Scoop the salad onto a lettuce leaf, wrap, and ENJOY!❤️
This fabulous find, originally from Skinnytaste.com (an E4M fave for healthy recipe finds) was recommended (and slightly adapted) by Washington E4M family member, Judy Shepherd. We love her modifications and ideas to premake for lunches! This is what she had to say, “Got to try this! Made it for lunches. 273 cal. Didn’t have tahini, added bok choy and fresh herbs.” ❤. What a great idea Judy! We feel the same! It’s a definite, “got to try!”