Nutrition: Makes 32 delightful brownies😋
54 calories per brownie, 2 g fat (0 g saturated), 60 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 1 g protein
Recipe adapted from:
Eat This Not That
Fall calls for pumpin and every season calls for brownies! Now you can have both! Enjoy these sweet treats throughout the holidays without the guilt! They’re sure to become a fun family tradition!
Nonstick cooking spray (or paper baking cups)
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup pure cane sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans and/or mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat thirty-two 1 3/4-inch muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper bake cups.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.
- Combine with flour mixture.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling three-fourths full.
- If desired, sprinkle with nuts and/or chocolate chips.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in a pan on a wire rack at least 20 minutes. Serve warm or remove from pan and cool completely!
E4M Quick Tips
Save loads of calories in all your fave fall baking dishes by replacing butter and oil with pumpkin puree. Pumpkin adds a boost of nutritional benefits too! Rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, pumpkin will boost your immune system, protect your eyesight, lower your risk of certain cancers, all while promoting heart and skin health too!