Ready in 40 minutes
Serves 6 people
132 calories per serving
Calories calculated by MyFitness Pal
Recipe adapted from Pioneer Woman’s Best Tomato Soup Ever
Best Tomato Soup Ever!
- ½ diced onions
- 1 tbsp. Country Crock, light
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 32 ounce tomato juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 chicken bullion cubes
- 1.5 c. whole milk
- ¼ c. chopped parsley
- 1.5 tbsp black pepper
- Saute onions with margarine until soft and translucent.
- Combine all ingredients and cook until light simmer.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or use a hand-held emulsifier until smooth.
- Serve and top with fat free shredded cheese or croutons.
If you want a soup with a hearty texture, don’t blend the ingredients, and leave as is!
This dish is great paired with the traditional grilled cheese using low calorie bread and Sargento ultra thin cheese